For the pork:1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. butter, divided
1/2 c. flour
salt and pepper
For the sauce:
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp. shallots, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 c. marsala
1 c. half and half
1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
For the potatoes:
1 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 c. parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
For the pork:
Cut tenderloin into 6 equal pieces. Butterfly each piece and place in plastic bag. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each piece to about 1/4 inch thick. Add flour, salt and pepper to bag and shake to coat pork.
Shake off excess.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in large saute pan. Cook until pork is lightly browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
For the sauce:
Add mushrooms to pan. Saute until softened about 5-7 minutes. Add shallots, 1 Tbsp. oil, and garlic to pan. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1 Tbsp. flour.
Deglaze with marsala, stirring up browned bits from bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
Stir in half and half. Simmer 5 minutes. Return meat to pan with juices from plate and heat through. Serve pork with sauce on top.
For the potatoes:
Preheat oven to 375.
Toss potatoes with oil in bowl. Combine all dry ingredients and toss with potatoes until potatoes are coated.
Arrange potatoes on baking sheet and bake until potatoes are tender, 30-35 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Total time 45 minutes.
Verdict:
I have to say that the majority of what I cook turns out good. Not to toot my own horn but I don't make a lot of stuff that I think "that was a total failure." I do have to say that this is one of those times that I was so excited about this and it was nasty. I did not like it not even a little bit. I thought it was bland. Blake added salt to his and said that it didn't taste bad. I think the only redeeming quality about this meal was the potatoes. They were good. I will make those again but not the pork.
No comments:
Post a Comment