Ingredients:12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
8 T. butter, divided
2 t. garlic, minced
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
9 oz. fettuccine noodles
1/2 c. frozen peas, thawed (optional)
Directions:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Melt 1 T. butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until lightly browned and almost cooked. Stir in garlic; cook 2 minutes.
Add remaining 7 T. butter and cream to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer until butter melts and mixture begins to thicken, 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Drain pasta and set aside.
Stir cheese and peas into cream mixture, cook until cheese is melted and mixture thickens, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Combine chicken mixture and fettuccine.
Makes 4 servings. Total time 20 minutes.
Verdict:
I had trouble with this recipe but that is only because I didn't read the directions right and added the cream at the wrong time. Even with that complication this turned out really good. The flavor was great. I am going to try this again and perhaps I can get it to be the cream sauce it is suppose to be instead of the oily sauce I made it.
No comments:
Post a Comment