For the corned beef:1 package of corned beef from Costco
1 cabbage, cut into 8 pieces
I made a Reuben for me if you want that you will also need:
rye bread (I like Jewish rye)
Swiss cheese
sauerkraut
Dijon or thousand island
For corned beef:
Place corned beef in crock pot fill with water so that it is not quite covered. If the corned beef has a seasoning packet don't forget to add that. Cook on high for 8 hours or more. The longer the better. Right before you are ready to serve the corned beef steam cabbage for 10-15 minutes.
Remove corned beef from crock pot and trim off fat.
Slice thinly and serve.
Verdict:
Mmmm. Salty goodness.
1 comment:
I LOVE reubens but never thought to make it at home...another recipe to add to the already growing list...thanks for planning my meals for me!
Post a Comment