Thursday, June 11, 2009

Meat Lovers Pizza Burger with Provolone

For the burger:
12 oz. ground Italian sausage
6 oz. hamburger
6 oz. sliced pepperoni, chopped
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
4 slices provolone cheese
4 hamburger buns
3/4 c. jarred marinara sauce

For the burger:
Preheat grill.
Combine sausage, hamburger, pepperoni and Parmesan. Shape into four patties and coat both sides with nonstick spray.
Grill burgers, watching to make sure that no flare-ups occur. Cook until done.
Top each burger with provolone.
Toast buns.
Heat marinara sauce in small pan or microwave until hot. Place burgers on buns and top with 3 Tbsp. marinara sauce.

Makes 4 burgers. Total time 40 min.

Verdict:
Watch those burgers because they really do flare-up. Mine burnt a little around the edges. All in all I would say they were tolerable. I most likely wouldn't make them again. They were not bad just not good enough to go to all the trouble.

1 comment:

Jaymerz said...

I think I might be turned off by the marinara. My favorite burgers that we make is to mix 1/2 lb sausage with 1/2 lb burger. It gives it a really good flavor.