Ingredients: 2 T. olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 T. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 T. garlic, finely grated
2 t. tomato paste
2 t. garam masala
1/2 t. chili powder
1 c. water
20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 c. plain yogurt
Directions:
Heat oil in a dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Cook onion until golden, about 20 minutes.
Add ginger, garlic, tomato paste, garam masala, and chili powder, and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add water and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings. Total time 45 minutes.
Verdict:
I am in search of the best home made tikka masala. I have yet to find it. This one is not good.
1 comment:
Hannah,
I was in search of one too and I found one! I truly think it is awesome!!! I will email you the recipe. I think you will like it!!!!
Post a Comment